"Blood & Dust" is based on the concept of a Gothic Western. With this we are reminded of bands like Fields of the Nephilim (of which we have a cover by Sonsombre) who use to look like time traveling goth rockers who landed in the American Old West. Since then Western music has influenced Goth Rock, often in very subtle ways, such that sometimes you may only hear a heavy reverb guitar which may harken back to ghost towns and tumbleweeds but with a much darker and inherently more Gothic flavor.
Over the years we have also seen the rise of new genres like Gothic Country, often called Dark Country, or Southern Gothic, as well as other similar names for various Western, Folk, and Country influenced dark music which often carries themese about death and other morbid curiosities.
With this compilation we wanted to bring a bit of it together but from a more inherently Goth Rock side including some Industrial influences to create what could be the soundtrack for an as yet unwritten Gothic Western film. One of the things that would set this film apart is that there may be creatures lurking in the dark and actual ghosts in this ghost town!
This compilation combines the genre sounds of Goth Rock, Country, Western, Industrial, and Cinematic tones.
01. October Burns Black "Arrowhead"
02. Sonsombre "Slow Kill (Fields of the Nephilim Cover)"
03. Black Angel "She (Deluxe Version)"
04. Amautica "Estos Abismos (Silas J. Dirge Mix)" ◊
05. Raven Said "Shadows On The Ceiling, Shadows On The Floor"
06. Dark Side Cowboys "Signs of Life" ◊
07. Cliff & Ivy "EightStar" *
08. Caligulust "Drifter" Δ
09. The Dust Ryde "Gunslinger"
10. Guillotine Dream "Code"
11. Silas J. Dirge "Ghost Town" *
12. Tidal Baby "The Visitor" *